Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:48 AM   #11

I am also considering buying new hybrid, now I have Aiptek AHD 200, I previously used Canon's IS S2. But I needed to take some rain shots and it was broken with lens error. Canon had excellent optical image stabilizer and even taking video with 12x zoom video was relatively smooth.

Is there 29 minute movie limit in Kodak Z1012? I really need camera which could take 40-45 minutes video or more.

What I really need is hybrid waterproof or water resistant camera with good zoom and which shoots HD quality video. Pentax has it's new W60, but frame rate is only 15 fps...

I guess I have to wait:yawn:
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:47 AM   #12

I think it has a limit but thought that was europe only, not sure why this limit is imposed but the 4gb fat32 would mean max 30min anyway I think at the highest res, lowere res should give you 60min+, if the limit isnt set?

I never take complete long sequences, always clips and join together.

What do you take that requiresa complete 45min video, is there no gaps that allows you to stop/start the video?
Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 4:06 PM   #13

Q. Are there no gaps:
A. The Kodak cameras take a lot of time "Processing" when you stop them. Up to 1 minute after a 1 hour continuous 640x480 video.

Kodak imposes the 29 minute limit on HD when it sells its cameras outside of Europe because it thought it could get away with doing that. Nobody would complain. Well, this user did... The 640x480 will run for 80 minutes in a pinch, but I usually carry around my Canon HF100 now, and that runs for 3 hrs continuous at full 1920x1080 24p. Including the BP819 battery.

The 4 gig FAT32 limit would give a 38 minute HD HQ file at the 14Mbps used by Kodak, At the lower 9Mbps HD rate one would get just under an hour. But Kodak cripple it back to 29 minutes. Nice one, Kodak...

At least it does take 16 Gig SDHC cards...

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:29 AM   #14

Do you have any night still picture and video that you can share with me? My most concern is nightshots... therefore I hope I can review some.

Thanks in advance.
mistral is offline   Reply With Quote