Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:55 AM   #1

I am new and purchased hd1000.

I am using a Samsung 40" Lcd full HD TV.

when using the provided original docking of HD1000 , output by HDMI cable ,the color is excellent ,bright and sharp.

when using the computer ( G45 Intel ), the color is pale and not vivid . (K-Lite codec pack )

Is it the matter of the G45 graphic card or the encoding problem or otherwise?

I read the posting regarding burning to DVD , I am confused , after burning to DVD , would the quality as good as High Den ? Since I watch DVD in LCD TV , the quality is much worse than watching in CRT TV

parissiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2008, 4:46 AM   #2

That the colors differ can depend on many things... The calibration of your screen, the make of your screen, the codecs you use... Put two lcd screens next to each other and you will be surprised how much different things look.

Also the codecs make a lot of difference... While VLC and QuickTime display noise in the dark/almost black areas of video made during the night, CoreAVC smoothes it out, making the picture almost noiseless.

Your videocard probably has an utility to calibrate the colors (you use Intel). You can find that within the video properties menu. This will change your color settings system wide.

You could also try to use a videoplayer that lets you adjust the colors, so it matches the result from your tv more.
Rawit is offline   Reply With Quote