Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 18, 2008, 6:29 PM   #1

I just thought I would post my first hang gliding video using my new HD1010 for people to have a look at. I had to really work hard with the original 5.7gig video to cut out the boring bits and compress the quality to get under the 500 meg limit of Vimeo. I think it is one of the good points about starting with such high quality video you can compress it a fair bit for the web and still get a decent result.

For those with a slow connection or older computers it may work better for you to only play the first couple of seconds of the video then pause it until it completely downloads as some people have been commenting that the video is jerky but it is more to do with their internet connection than the video.

I shot the video at 1280X720p 60fps

relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:31 PM   #2

I think I'd be very scared up in the air at 900 feet. Your video showed very nice audio results despite all that wind it picked up in some of your dives and spirals. The area looks very pieceful.

That is a sweet town. :|

Thanks for sharing!

Im assuming you locked your focus and had eis enabled as well as noise reduction on?
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:04 PM   #3

Thanks Cresho, 900 feet I hit nearly 2,500 feet in that video:-) although I have been as high as 8,500 feet not at Stanwell though it was inland when I launched off a mountain caught a thermal and just climbed up into the sky.

You talk about a peaceful town, the reason I hang glide is in a large part to relax and de-stress. It is just beautiful up there, I can really relax and forget about my normal earthbound life. :-)

Interestingly I did not have the focus locked, mainly because of the way I had to let the camera focus on me at 1.5-2 feet and infinity when it was on the horizon. I did have wind sound reduction on, EIS I think I had it on, at least it is turned on now on the camera. I have not tested it but I think a large part is the 60fps is what helps in smoothing out the video.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 9:48 PM   #4

Wonderful, wonderful, thank for sharing!
vi001 is offline   Reply With Quote