Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:08 AM   #1

Hi guys, I've just ordered a Sanyo HD1010 and would also like to get a wide angle or fisheye lens for it at some stage. From what I've read I know that the 40.5mm thread size that the HD1010 comes with is pretty much non-standard and will limit me to Sanyo lenses, so I'll need a step ring too in order to widen the choice of lenses available to me.

What size should I go for - 37mm, 52mm?

What would be your recommendations for a wide angle lens that won't degrade the optics but also won't cost as much as the digicam itself? I've noticed the make Raynox mentioned quite often...I take it they are recommended?
david68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2008, 7:43 PM   #2

I have a Raynox 6600 pro wide angle lens that I use on my Digital camera. I bought a step-up ring to use on my HD1010. It worked very well but the lens was so large and heavy I bought the Sanyo Semi-fisheye wide angle lens and could not be happier. The Sanyo lens is very small, does a fantastic job, has a macro lens built into it and goes much wider than my Raynox lens.

My suggestion would be to go with the Sanyo semi-fisheye lens. I have heard that the Sanyo wide angle lens (not fisheye) is much larger and not as versatile as the semi-fisheye.

You can see here where I tested the standard lens, Raynox 6600pro and the semi-fisheye lens.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote