Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:51 PM   #1

I have an Xacti HD1000 camcorder/camera which records videos very well. I can access the files easily once the memory stick is inserted, or if I insert the camera into the dock, and then connect a USB cable to my computer which is connected to the dock. Once I try to play the video, the video plays horribly. The file opens and the sound plays fine but the image does not move, and if it does it is completely out of sync with the audio. The file format is MP4. Please can you tell me what to do?
matthewmachugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2009, 1:40 PM   #2

first off, you need a very good pc to run it. If you have a laptop, you need a very good laptop such as alienware that carries an onboard gpu at least an 8800gt for 720p.

secondly, you need a very good video player. most windows based players suck and I mean it really sucks. one guy created a player which works very well because it uses your hardware GPU to decode the mp4 file. CPU alone cannot do the work so a 8800gt at least is recommended. pci-e slot is recommended and also S-ata drives are recommended. if you have none of these, then you are out of luck.
here is the software link or read the thread.

thirdly, we don't know if your sd card and xacti work at all. So can you verify for us if your xacti and sd are compatible or there are no issues? use a high end system to verify please.

Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote