Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 9, 2004, 12:23 PM   #1
Default Sanyo VPC-X350

Since this portion of the forum seems dead for the last two years, I thought I would ask the following question. :lol:
I have had this camera since July of 1999 and it still works great, I still use it from time to time.
I know it is old and not a mega-pixle camera, but it takes good pictues and is quicker to shoot a photo than my Nikon 2500 and closeups taken with flash do not wash out like my Nikon.
What I want to do is use a 128 mb smart media card in it, but the camera will not take any card over 16mb.
There seems to be no firmware upgrade for it, the book states I can use up to a 16mb smart media card, I tried to use a 32mb card and I get two question marks on the LCD display, tried to format card in the camera but it still will not work.
I know this is an OLD camera, but it is made well and it's quick to start up from turn on.
Anyone have any info on this? Sanyo has tech no support, I would not expect support anyway...
Bill Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2004, 5:39 AM   #2

Ok, sorry, Bill, but I'm pretty sure sixteen megs is it for the card size. I always wanted to try a 32 meg one to see what would happen, but I was chicken to really try it in case it wrecked the card.

I acquired this camera not very long ago by chance. I now use it all the time and think it's terrific, apart from the battery consumption. I bought some 2AH Ni-Mh cells (5 sets) and these are almost acceptable.

A problem I would like to solve is how to load pictures back into the camera in order to take them and show them someplace. The camera will not tolerate JPEGs that were not taken by itself, even though the camera pictures are readable by virtually any viewer. Could there be some way to rewrite the headers of normal JPEGs so the camera will be happy with them? I've looked with a hex editor and it's a bit beyond me. Seems to be an EXIF format, but that's about all I know. If you want to contact me, I'm bernie1atsmartchat.net.au

bernie011 is offline   Reply With Quote