Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 28, 2004, 3:50 AM   #1
Default Sanyo VPC-J1 or Sanyo VPC-J2

Anyone that have any experience with Sanyo VPC-J1 or Sanyo VPC-J2? They seem to be good cameras "on paper" but it's very few reviews or comments from people about them. Any body here that knows anything about them?

Daino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2004, 5:08 PM   #2

is that funny looking thing that looks like a panasonic sd???
3.2 mill pixels 5x zoom????? if it is seen one today vpc-c1ex
part digi cam part camcorder
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2004, 8:36 PM   #3

I don't know where do you live, but in asia like Hong Kong and Japan, they really do selling the Sanyo J1 and J2 ! The difference for J2 and J1 is that J2 have faster start up and shorter shutter slag ! In Hong Kong, both J1 and J2 have a quite good opinion and I believe that it is a really good snap shot DC ! (If you dont mind it don't have AF assist light). Also it called the "Movie King" since it can record 640x320 movies ! (Of course now many DC can). In HK, the price difference for J1 and J2 is less than US$30, so if you can afford, I suggest J2 !
gapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:18 AM   #4

I had a J1 for 2 years and it was great. Nice photos, nice movies, worked as webcam, and had optics all internal to camera with an auto lens cover.

I thought about buying the E6, but you can only get about 20 min on a 1GB sd card because it uses motion jpeg (mov).

I just bought a C6 CameraCorder instead, because it has MPEG-4 movie and a transflective (better in sunlight display) but after owning it, I'm wondering if I should have bought the E6 instead.

The C6 has a lot of "issues", and I'm having problems getting the webcam to work.

The J1 is a great little camera if you can find one.
chanah is offline   Reply With Quote