Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:55 AM   #1
Default Sanyo Xacti VPC-J4

Anyone have comment or review for this new model?

Ahlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2004, 7:08 AM   #2

Hi, i dont have personality reviews, but can you named this link http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/dsc/E/sample/j4e.html

<- show (with Quicktime) the incredible Video-Clip.

or look the Testbild'er/Testfoto's: http://www.digitalkamera.de/Testbild...wHersteller=22
Knipser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2004, 9:45 AM   #3

Yes, I have One I bought 15 days ago. I had before the minolta Xt. Very nice all metal camera. Soft but nice shots and bad video limited to 320x240x15ips with a huge amount of compression. Say that it was usefull to learn what is a digicam. And very pocketable. I made hundreds of shots of all kind. Something was missing: sharp images and true video 640x480x30ips with minimum compression. I wanted still pocketable, low price.

Sanyo xacti j4 is the one !

I will not make a list of all kind of parameters, you will find them everywhere on the net. I will speak from the shots I obtained with this camera:

* very nice B&W

* very sharp details

* on screen parameters when shooting

* more cubic than very flat cameras: less shaking toward-backward, so less stress, so less shaking up-down (is it clear ?), so less tired.

* shake removing on videos, yes, it works nicelly through an external program on PC

* can take shots in the black night (has a strong white LED)

*4 mpix NICELY extrapolated to 8 mpix, so pixels are visible later on big prints with astonishing quality.

* "something-like-3D-sensation" on small details. Yes "texture feeling".

* very long life battery: ~~~300 shots

I want to insert a shot and clikking on the 3color-dots-icon asks me the URL of my machine ?????

Question: How can I catchthe shot who is on my PC? I want to show you a very detailed 8mpix.jpg file, so you can zoom in deeply and have your own opinion or print it. File size = 1.95meg

Sorry for my poor English.

guyxacti is offline   Reply With Quote