Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 15, 2006, 9:58 AM   #11

Apologies if this is out of order. I originally posted this on another thread that is probably not the right place for this post.

Ok just some general comments.

I bought my HD1 in HK for HK$5950 (inc. San Disk 120x 2GB SD which works perfectly with said HD1 andwhen downloading tolaptop).

So far I love it. There are some gripes that may well be caused by yours truly (out of focus when zooming being the biggest issue) but I am an impatient sod and so the instruction manual is still in pristine condition :roll:

I wanted a video / digicam that would give me high quality underwater video and also excellent stills. So far so good though of course it hasn't been underwaterto date (thankGod -since there isn't a housing for ityet):G

The above water video looks excellent on my laptop (NEC 1.5 mhz E6000 with 768 mb memory) and plays great with VLC. It also looks great and plays easily on my non-HD 38" TV.

Not sure on low light levels yet but it does well with a torch in the dark :idea:whichis me trying tosimulate U/W conditions - so night dives should be fun.

I am most impressed with the macro capability though - down to 1 cm (however this restricts light so 2 cm is better and then zoom in) and look forward to using this strong feature U/W too. Overall the 5mp photos are an improvement over my Oly 3040 but of course nowhere near my Oly 8080. That said I can see a lot of excellent 10x8 photos or larger coming from this camera.

Proof of the pudding will be when I get it U/W however above water it goes everywhere with me - in fact it is so small that I often forget it is in my bag :!:

Haven't tried any editing yet. Overall very pleased and it is doing all I expected from it above water.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:56 AM   #12

newbs wrote:
Can you share any of your sources of the "rumblings of in-camera interpolation"? This is the first time I have heard about it, so I would definitely be interested in finding out more.

I refer to the negative mini-review over at Akihabara News

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:19 AM   #13

It might be related to the"possible bug".

Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote