Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 19, 2006, 8:35 PM   #1

Hi, i was searching for a portable video camera for me, i like to travel alone and my old handycam now feels quite bulky, after checking the reviews was thinking if it would be a good idea to buy the sanyo xacti C6 with a 2GB card and instead of keep on buying a bunch of SD cards, buy one of those "photo banks" that have some sellers at ebay, was wondering if somebody has experience with those

some examples:
or if someone knows something better, or another good idea?

oh one more question, the charging base of the C6 can work as a "tripod"? or when it's there the camera doesn't work?

zapita is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2006, 9:27 PM   #2

Yes, the SANYO Xacti C6 can be operated in the docking station. Of course, this was not what the docking station was intended for and the camera's lens takes on a slightly upward angle when in the base. Instead of taking thedocking stationwith you, I would recommend just using the cable adapter which will allow you to charge the camera and connect via USB as needed. Add any mini tripod, which will provide better camera control then the docking station, and I think that you will have a good system.

As far as the mini tripod, I've used and like this Gorilla Pod. http://www.joby.com/products.html
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote