Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 12, 2006, 8:16 PM   #1

Can anybody offer any advice for acquiring images/videos from my DMX C6 to my Windows XP SP2 (home) computer. I have been searching the forums and found some older posts but have not been able to get anything to work. The CD that Igot with the camera came with the usb driver for windows 98 but not xp. Everything is installed and connected but the camera is not recognized. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
jcolesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2006, 9:01 PM   #2

You don't need any drivers or software for the camera at all. Make sure the USB cable is well inserted into both the PC and the camera's dongle or cradle. Your camera has to be turned on after you've connected the cables. Then Windows should automatically recognize the USB device and add a new drive letter where you will find all of the files. If this isn't working then something is wrong somewhere, it could be your Windows configuration, something wrong with your USBport on your PC(or it's drivers/motherboard drivers) or, finally, the camera. Try plugging the USB cable into another WinXP machine to rule out it being a problem with the camera or it's cable/dongle/cradle.

Basically it should just work. It simply should show up as an external drive.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 1:36 AM   #3

Do you use a USB hub (that splits one computer USB port into several, so that you don't have to reach around the back of the computer to plug in the USB)? I find that sometime when you hook up a new piece of hardware by USB through a hub, the computer does NOT recognize it the first time round - you have to hook the hardware (your camera in this case) directly to the USB port of the computer and see if it is detected as an external drive (will be given a new drive letter in "My Computer"). Then the next time when you hook it up through the USB hub, the computer should see it - I hope.

If all fail, one last resort - take the SD card out of the camera and use a USB card reader hooked up to the computer.
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote