Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:13 AM   #11

if you are from toronto or nearby there is a person selling it for 399CA$ and allow local pick up.. and you have the privelege of testing the camera.. saving you DOA worries...

echo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:05 AM   #12

s96024 wrote:
Bought both My c3 and c5 from HK ebay sellers. When your saving half the price, that's worth the risk imo. Also considering the huge positive feedback on these sellers (10000+) with only minimal negatives. The risk is small. Buying my c6 soon

The problem with HK sellers is that you know you are usually buying non-warrantied items (Sanyo DMX vs VPC models) and they usually charge a small fortune for shipping via FedEx. I've seen $75 or more for shipping charges. Buyer beware - it's your money! Don't believe those eBay feedback numbers, they're easily manipulated.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:21 AM   #13

Also, the C6 has a much quieter zoom mechinism.* So you don't hear the zoom when you watch your video. TT
Techi-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:58 AM   #14

RE: zoom noise

If the background sound and noise is high, it will cover up the zoom noise. If you are taking video indoor in a quiet setting, the camera will pick up some zoom and autofocus mechanism noise. I don't know about the C5, but the zoom/ autofocus noise pickup in my C6 is very much the same as the C4 I had previously.
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote