Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:58 PM   #11

newbs, I will be looking forward to your review and seeing some example videos...thanks for replying!
APK-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:08 AM   #12

Maybe you can even review the HD1a for Amazon and get a good string going. They are stuck on 26 customer reviews for the HD1 and they are mostly terrible. I admire your courage in ordering the HD1a before it's been reviewed.

I agree Sanyo deserves credit for these small camcorders. I'm using my C5 daily on an Idaho vacation and I simply love it. I've got wilderness pictures and video that just simply wouldn't have been possible with a larger unit,.......as it would have still been in the car.

Let's hope Sanyo sends Steve an HD1a to review for us and that they make some sort of statement about having corrected the dreaded "Black Screen".

Good luck with your HD1a and let us know, please.......
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:28 PM   #13

I just wanted to report that I received my HD1a from Amazon last night (only took one day to get to me, even though I went with free shipping). I haven't played with it very much yet, but so far it seems to be pretty much the same as the HD1 it replaces (which is pretty much what I am looking for - a more reliable version of the HD1).

One thing I noticed is that the remote control looks to be the same as the HD1 (and not the rectangular one shown in some pictures). I also suspect that Sanyo may have tweaked a few things slightly to improve image stabilization and low light shooting, but that may have just been my imagination. I will be playing with it some more over the next few days, and try to post notes on anything I notice.
newbs is offline   Reply With Quote