Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 2, 2006, 11:51 AM   #1

I currently have a Sony TRV-27 MiniDV camcorder that I'm using, along with a Digital Rebel XT that's my primary for stills.
My wife is getting tired of lugging both around during local trips and wants to have a small camera available for stills and video.
One of my friends got the C6 and took it on a trip and loved it. They used iMovie to edit and recompose the movie as well.

Would the C6 produce video that is on par with my TRV-27 MiniDV? The 27 is a 2002 model with the single CCD. I believe standard resolution for MiniDV is 520 lines? Would the HD1 be *THAT MUCH* better?

The HD1 seems to be overkill right now - I would be editing the videos in iMovie and then would only be able to play the HD on the Mac, burning it to a DVD would recompress back from HD right?

On say a 50" screen, I've heard the C6 and HD1 movies look somewhat similar, any thoughts on this?

ChesapeakeTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2006, 3:08 PM   #2

Think the difference in video is minimal. I also believe the c6 has better low light capabilities. And the HD1 is twice the price. Owned a c3 and c5 and have never had a problem. Brilliant little cameras. Great for a night out, something to slip in your pocket. Buying C6 soon.
s96024 is offline   Reply With Quote