Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 14, 2006, 8:52 AM   #1

I bought a VPC-C6 on Ebay last weekend and got it Wednesday. I didn't realize until I got it that it was the Japanese version (DMX) and shipped from Hong Kong to the USA. Not a biggie since I got a great deal on the camera. It has one stuck pixel that is visible when recording video. When I zoom in this pixel dances all over the place. It isn't quite as bad when I post-produce in iMovie HD and then export back to MPEG but it's still there and bugs me.

The Ebay seller has agreed to let me ship the camera directly back to Hong Kong for an exchange. Can I be fairly confident that I will get a better camera than the one I'm shipping back? I guess I could live with one bad pixel and I'd hate to get a replacement that was worse. I've been reading on the forums that this might be a common problem with these cameras. Shipping to Hong Kong won't be cheap either.

On an aside, are there any iMovie filters that will let me easiy remove this one stuck pixel? I found one that works with iMovie 4 but nithing that is current.

mtfbwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links