Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Dec 10, 2008, 7:02 PM   #1

I bought five years ago a Sigma SA9 film camera and used it a few times and liked the results. I got wound up with crop cameras (digital dSLR)giving me more reach and the ease of shooting and re-shooting but to no avail not many I would consider keepers or ones I would even print, but, it was fun.

I have given some thoughtmy reasoning for getting into photography. Personally I enjoy capturing moments I witness and try to capture them as it unfolds. The shoot like crazy and hope to get something good with my digital offerings got me away from taking my time and really working at getting a good shot that is meaningful to me.

Don't get me wrong I still love digital but I wanted to see if film is by all intents and purposes a dead horse with me. I found that I like the shots I had taken and found that I did not have to deal with white balance or PP and so forth.

This was shot, printed at Walgreens around the corner where I live and I scanned it with my all in one HP Print, Scan and Copy printer. I cropped and resized to post here.

No sharpening or any PP.

Film still has a place for my photography interest.

Attached Images
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2009, 7:48 PM   #2

The thing I like about film is its latitude. Most films available at walgreens are asa 200 and 400 and offer the consumer a wide latitude in which to expose the film. I found the biggest drawback to film was that, if you want to develope and print for a particular "effect", you either had to do it yourself or have a professional do it with your instructions. This is the reason I shot mostly black-and-white "back in the day". I developed and printed all my own black and white, and it saved me a ton of money, even then.Seeing your scan has made me yearn a little to go shoot a roll :lol:

Here's a shot of our old pier, before a hurricane took it down some years ago. Taken with a Canon film Rebel, probably in the early 90's.

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote