Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:05 PM   #1
Default 2 Sigma Lens for Nikon Mount

Still have not made up my mind about getting the 70-200 2.8 OS..now have found the 50-150 2.8 OS to be on the table also?? 50 mm mean that much..Wondered if anyone has used this lens vs the 70-200 2.8 OS..is the elements better in which one? and the price of the 50-150 is around $400 cheaper..I know its not always the lens that makes the best pics but the person taking the pics but seems that the best glass helps also...Thanks for all your contributing comments in my past posts...Anyone with a Nikon mount use either of these lens ...
nitti48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:22 PM   #2

The 50-150 is a DC (APS-C only) lens, so it's probably smaller and lighter than an equivalent 'Full Frame' lens, though the lens is very new and the exact specs aren't available yet.

And since it's very new, you're not likely to find anyone with significant experience with it either.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote