Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Dec 6, 2004, 7:37 PM   #1

Hi guys,

I bought a Sigma EF-500 DG ST SA-N flash for use with my SD9. It's supposed to work TTL with the SD9 yet it never does. It constantly overexposes the pictures by quite a tremendous amount- completely overpowering the entire image. I've tried it with a Sigma 24-70 lens which is within the "normal" operating range for use with a flash of this type- yet it blows the entire image out every time. There's a switch for TTL, Mh, Ml and I can't get proper exposures unless I put it on Ml for close ups shooting in manual and guessing a decent exposure setting- same with more distant objects- it just doesn't work....I don;t think we should have to take several photos and guess a good setting to get it to work manually- any ideas on why this supposed Sigma flash isn't working with the SD9? Anyone else experience this same problem with the same flash? Is there another flash you guys are using successfully?

PS- I've tried changing the metering and every possible setting combo- yet I can't get it to work automatically. Seems like a big waste of money- I could achieve the same results with a cheap $23 Phoenix flash- it's that bad!!!!!!

stevenyc1@aol.com (Steve Nunez)
stevenyc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links