Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old May 30, 2005, 4:48 AM   #1

Hello All,

Is there any solution to increase the indoor performans of SD10 using special lens or something, because little confused to buy or not ?

SD10shapness is incredible, compering the other SLRs specially outdoor.

However, only RAW format and no flash (stuck between SD10 and Canon 20D). Maybe I should waita newSLRfrom Sigma.

Thanks in advance...

Aktunav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2005, 4:07 PM   #2

I've just bought a Sigma SD10 and it is very good, I like the sharper pictures straight from the camera rather than too much messing around in PS, raw only isn't a problem, it doesn't take long to convert them and the X3 fill light is great. However, the Sigma is a basic straight forward camera without the bells and wistles. If you want them then go Canon you'll also have a greater range of accessories, I have a 300D but I must admit I'm seriously considering swapping / selling or trading it to get the Sigma 50-500mm DG for my SD10.

The colours on the Canon are more Saturated but you can do that post processing if you want, the reality is that unless Sigma bring out another Camera the future I think doesn't look good for Sigma users, which would be a Bl**dy shame cus the foveon sensor is worth pursuing.

Canon and Nikon etc all compete head to head for the best bang for your buck gear but at the end of the day it's the photograph that counts and only you can produce that.

Personally I don't think you can go wrong these day's, the camera's are all great and will with practice all give you excellent results, just think about what you want from it and what you want to achieve.

mf_blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 4:05 AM   #3

Thank you for the fast reply Mart,

I think, Canon EOS20D with EF-S 17-85mm IS lenscan give sharp results like Sigma.

Kind regards
Aktunav is offline   Reply With Quote