Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Jul 6, 2005, 5:10 PM   #1

Hello...I just bought off eBay ; a used SD-9 with (2 lenses)

- Sigma 24-70mm lens (f3.5-5.6)
- Sigma 70-300mm lens (f4-5.6) w/macro 1:2

...Believe they are the " kit type lenses " (according to a poster in another forum group). Anyone have galleries online of the pics that they took using these 2 lenses?

I should be receiving the outfit tomorrow (Thursday- July7th)...USPS delivery..

I did not receive any flash unit in the deal ; and I have limited funds to buy the SIGMA EF-500 DG series flash for it.

What other ( safe ) flash alternative might I find I can use? Anyone have any recommendations?

A couple reviews mentioned that the reviewer used a Vivitar flash (successfully)...but didn't mention the model number...

I'm hoping that this SD-9 will satisfy me as I've really wanted one for a long time...I've had a CANON 300D and a few other high ended digital cameras ; but I've liked the " look and reviews " ; and the pics I've seen taken usingthe SD-9. :-)

Any owners care to elaborate on tips and such for me to KNOW of right off the bat...about the tricks of utilizing this setup?

Thanks for your time...............In Christ..........Ed~ (EST-NY)

One_Eye_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2006, 5:21 PM   #2

Metz 40mz-3i and 54mz-3 work fine in manual mode and the 54mz-4 should too.

They have the advantage that you can use them on practically any camera system via optional TTL adapters, so you only need to buy one flashgun and it will last you many years.

Cheapo universal Ringflashes work fine too via a PC-sinc adapter on the hotshoe.

DSG is offline   Reply With Quote