Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 22, 2006, 3:01 AM   #21

Re: 7D and Sigma EF-500 DG Super ADI

First, that last photo is beautiful.

Re: ADI/Pre-Flash
I guess I shouldn't have written such absolutes. I tried shooting with the camera set to ADI mode and to TTL Pre-Flash. The shots came out the same. I saw no difference. Besides, I "assume" (we all know what that stands for) that the ADI mode actually helps in certain shooting situtations and despite the fact that the Flash isn't 100% compatible with the 7D (need to place it in FP mode, Flash Compensation, etc.), I believe that the Flash uses the ADI mode (distance compensation) in its operation. Who really,really knows anymore?

At least I'm happy that I know how to have a working combination. I thank you and the others in this forum.

Take care,

gary 613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:17 AM   #22

Dear Gary,

My first reply directly from Sigma head Office...

Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for your e-mail message and purchase of Sigma EF 500 Super
DG MA flashgun.
Please change the mode of your camera from ADI to FP when using bounce photography.

This would solve the problem.

Kind Regards,
Vuslat Tatar
Sigma Corporation, Head Office, Japan

Second Opinion from Sugma head office USA!...

Dear Alex

Thank you for your inquiry. It is possible that your flash (or possibly your camera) may need some adjustment in order to provide correct TTL flash exposure control.

In Manual mode, please make sure that the flash out put is manually set to the appropriate setting and that the wide panel diffuser is not deployed. If you still experience poor flash exposure, we suggest that you have your equipment examined by a competent photo technician or customer service representative. We do not recommend that you try to alter or modify your flash equipment. We hope this information is helpful to you.
[size=OK...Gary, Also ADI concerns ONLY to "D" type newer lenses...today I only own two such newer "D" lenses the Kit one 18-70mm that I purchase with my first KM DSLR the Dynax/Maxxum 5D & a Sigma ultrawide angle zoom 10-20mm that I buy here 1/2 year ago...all my other lenses use 5 contacts on the rear lens instead 8 as do the "D" type, for so...NO ADI feature/characteristic.:idea:][/size]

Alex 007:|

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote