Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 19, 2007, 4:10 PM   #1

I am considering upgrading, due to higher resolution. I want to sell photos and make prints larger than 8 by 10, like 13 by 19 or maybe even higher. I wonder if people have experience with prints (maybe even on the epson 1800~2200 series printers) from the 5D or A100 and what the quality is like in large prints. thanks!
DorkUnderwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2007, 8:14 AM   #2

I have both the 5D and the A100 and print on an Epson R1800 at 13X19 all the time. I notice no difference between the 2. The only time I notice a difference is when I have to crop the image a lot. Those extra pixels do help on the A100. Even then you really have to look hard to notice the difference.

The print quality with either camera is outstanding. Once you see a picture printed at 13X19, you will be amazed on how good these camera really are. Viewing pictures on a computer monitor vs making a nice print is amazing.

Its important to have a color calibrated monitor though, and to use the printer profiles provided by Epson. When I started printing on the 1800 my pictures looked very different from what I saw on the monitor (darker prints, people had a redish tint to them). Once I learned about color management and calibrated my display and started using the printer profiles, It made a huge difference on the quality of the prints.

alexperez is offline   Reply With Quote