Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 19, 2007, 8:48 PM   #11

Hi vIZnquest,

Thanks for the link! That utility looks interesting, especially for long exposures. But what I'm looking for is a way to eliminate the light spot in the middle of some of my photos. They're not hot pixels. They look more like reflections of the innards of the lens. I'm experimenting with putting on a circular pola before the IR filter just to see if it will minimize the unwanted reflection. Another thing that I'm planning to try is to adjust my position in relation to what I'm taking photos of.

donm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:00 AM   #12

I have the same issue - I also used a Cokin filter but I also have another threaded IR filter I bought cheap off of Ebay just to see if I could do IR decent enough with the 5D. Ironically I also went to a cemetary... I got that same center hot spot that you did - but not with all of the pictures and I never did figure out what was causing it. I hope someone out there can point us toward a solution because I absolutely love the look of IR.
StacyA1973 is offline   Reply With Quote