Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 30, 2007, 2:19 PM   #1

I have two KM 7D camera and I purchased the Sony HLV-56AM flash. What I was finding is that the flash/camera combination was underexposing pictures by just about one full stop and I got the same results with both camera bodies. I sent the camera and flash into Precision Camera twice for an adjustment under warranty and they were not able to fix it in either case. This last time they said that the problem was that you could not use the High-Speed Sync mode when shooting with any of the automatic exposure setting of the camera, and indeed, when you turn off HSS in the flash, it takes a properly exposed picture.

Previously, I had the KM 5400HS Flash which I used with my Minolta Maxxum 9 and Maxxum 700si cameras and never had any problem leving HSS sert all of the time.

Is anyone else using this combination of flash and camera and can you comment on your experience? Thanks.

Jeffery Small is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2007, 5:43 AM   #2

I recall seeing a similar post a while ago where AS affected flash exposure. Have you tried AS on and off?

I can't speak for the 7D but with the A100 the flash switches to HSS if you are using wireless mode. Is this a problem for you also?

FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2007, 8:02 AM   #3

I haven't experienced under exposure with either the 5D or 7D and either of my 2 5600 flashes, but if turning off HSS does the job, why not try it?

Regarding AS, I never use it unless I am using a longer lens, and would definately leave it off for flash, just for any power savings I might get.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote