Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:37 PM   #1

I think I posted this message in the wrong forum previously. Sorry...Newbie!

Ok, I'm new here so please bear with me. I've searched the forum on this subject and didn't find anything. Doesn't mean it's not there. Anyway, I am actively searching for a 50mm f1.7 lens on ebay. I have seen on here that you can sometimes get a better deal if you buy an older camera package just for the lens. What I need to know is which older cameras with their lens will work. Will any maxxum camera? I saw a pretty good deal on a maxxum 3000i with an AFf2.8 lens but wasn't sure if it would work. Just want to know what I need to be looking for. Thanks!:?
FatCat8aRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2007, 10:13 PM   #2

I did the same thing for my 5D and was able to get some pretty good deals. Look for any Auto Focus Minolta. Then see if they are offering a 50mm with it. I got an older Maxxum 5000 for $40 with the 50mm lens and a crappy kit lens.

The 1.7 is going for about $100 in EX condition at Keh.com. I've dealt with them and others such as Adorama and BHPhoto and have had great service.

A good link to get to know is Dyxum.com. It's a great resource when looking for used MInolta lenses. I didn't know there was a 50 mm 2.8. It actually is selling for about $200 used on Keh, but Dyxum doesn't list it. The 1.4 also goes for much more than the 1.7, but most people will tell you the 1.7 is the best bang for your buck.

Good luck and happy shooting!

look here:http://cgi.ebay.com/Minolta-Maxxum-7...QQcmdZViewItem
DrChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 11:06 PM   #3

KEH.com has some 50/1.7 available now. Prices range from $126 to $35 depending on condition.

If you get tired of waiting for the perfect deal, try them.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote