Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:36 AM   #1

Found this on the Tamron site because I have experianced the second malfunction listed below on my Tamron 28-300mm lens, although they only mention the DImodel and not the XR. According to the different issue listed forthe Maxxum 3 the autofocus is fine with all otherMaxxums.

I called Tamron sinceI thought maybe the website was incorrect or that my XR might be a newer version, which has the same plastic mount as the DI.They told me that the XR should not be doing it and to send it in for service. The guy I had on the phone was giving me the info second had as he had to ask someone else so I'm not sure if something was lost in the relaying of information. I also had written to them so we shall see what the written word has to say.

I have a funny feeling that nothing is wrong with my lens except as listed in the issue,but I guess for the price of shipping better safe than sorry. I will inform you of the outcome.After I hung up I then began to wonder if the issue also happens with the 7D since the title states Compatibility with Minolta Maxxum D but in the body of the text it only mentions 5D.

Compatibility with Minolta Maxxum 3 Date - June 2003
The Tamron AF28-300mm XR (model A06) may not auto focus properly when used on the Minolta Maxxum 3 Date camera. Testing has shown that the lens may not perform the AF function when the camera power is switched OFF and then turned ON again. However, if the lens is detached and re-mounted while the power is ON, AF will operate normally.

Please note that this problem only exists with the combination of Maxxum 3 Date camera and Tamron 28-300 XR. The Tamron 28-300mm XR lens (A06) will auto focus properly with all other camera models from Minolta.

Please contact Tamron's service department at 1-800-827-8880 or email
repair@tamron.com for details.

Compatibility with Minolta Maxxum D - October 2005
Take caution when using models A061 (AF28-300mm Di), A09 (SP AF28-75mm Di), A05 (SP AF17-35mm Di) and A08 (SP AF200-500mm Di) with the Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D.

Turning the camera power back on while the compact flash access lamp is still lit leads to a malfunction of the AF (auto focus) mechanism of the camera. Make sure the access lamp is not lit when turning the camera power on.

In order to prevent this malfunction (ex. AF coupler running idle), turn the camera power off and turn it back on after the access lamp is no longer lit.

Please contact Tamron's service department at 1-800-827-8880 or email
repair@tamron.com for details.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links