Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:45 AM   #21

garykohs wrote:
OK, we're waiting for those marching pictures. The other ones you've posted look really nice.

I pre-ordered an Alpha 700 this week, so I'll be cranking up the beercan again soon.
Here are the shots from this weekend:

All of the field level shots were done with the new lens. They start here:

You'll notice I still get some movement blur, but I don't think there's a ton I'll be able to do with that. I could step up to 1600 ISO, but honestly I'm very happy with these results, considering I would not have gotten any of these with my P&S.

I'll keep watching for deals on the better lenses, but between band fees, drum corps fees, bandtrips to Disney, fuel for towing the band trailer, etc, I'll probably use this setup for a while. Thanks to everyone, I'm extreemly happy with my setup at this point. Now to start looking at something in a 50mm, flash, tripod, jeez...

khokhonutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:56 AM   #22

Many of those shots look pretty nice. I love the colors.

Yep... You were only getting around 1/25 second on many of the field shots at f/4 and ISO 800. So, you'll have to catch them when they're relatively still and you're going to see some motion blur with shutter speeds that slow with movement.

Be glad you've got stabilization, or you'd be seeing a lot more blur from camera movement if you're not using a tripod. ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote