Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 4, 2008, 5:59 AM   #1

Another forum member recently reported that Precision Camera updated his 5D firmware. See http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...c.php?id=57787

Does anyone know where to get the upgrade? I checked the KM and Sony web sites but couldn't find the new firmware. Thanks.
B1ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2008, 9:47 PM   #2

I don't think there's an 'upgrade' to the firmware in the 5D. I think the reference would be more correctly termed a refreshing of the firmware. That is, they probably just reloaded the same firmware that it already had, perhaps because, when they were working on it, they may have replaced the existing firmware with somethingthey use to perform diagnostics.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:55 PM   #3

I agree, it is just the same firmware reloaded. Precision usually does that whenever they service the KMs. At least I know for sure they do it every time the camera is sent in for the first shot black issue. They also set all the counters back to zero.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote