Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:22 PM   #1

I found Gary's Book on the 5D/7D enjoyable and even picked up a few pointers onthe use of those cameras. I also one of his otherphotography specialty books interesting. What I'm wondering is if anyone here has ever been to one of his two-day seminars and what they thought of them. The reason I ask is that though he isn't coming to New York until sometime in 2009 he will be about three hours away in October and I am seriously considering attending. Incidently he indicated in an email that as soon as his A700 book was issued his A700 stopped working and turned into a brick. Interestingly his says Sony service for the A700 is in Texas. I didn't know that they used anyone but Precision in the US, unless that is just for the Alphas or something new.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2008, 9:54 AM   #2

I can't say anything for his siminars I've never been to one.

But I do know that the Primary repair point for Sony in the US is Laredo, TX. With my 5D I shipped it to Laredo so they could ship it to PCI. And then it got lost and I went through that whole fiasco which left me with out a camera for a month or two but I ended up with a 7D after sony offered me a check. So can't complain too much.

Oh did I mention the 5D did eventually show up on my door step?

Email Gary ask him for a rundown of what is covered in his seminar. I've emailed him a couple times when I've had questions about something in one of his books. It was some detail not covered in the book and he was very helpfull in answering it. Any way I say this because if the course is at the level of the basic 5D/7D book I'm beyond that material, but if its of a more advanced nature with some hands on shooting the I might be interested.

kberntsen is offline   Reply With Quote