Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:08 AM   #11

Leave the focus limiter switch set to on. That switch is designed to elminate the closer focus distances through the range it's going to hunt through to lock focus. You sometimes see that on a Macro lens (which this one is), to speed up focus a bit, since these lens types tend to have very slow AF gearing (for more accurate focusing when shooting closeups). Using the switch won't help with the slower gearing this lens has. But, it will reduce the range it has to hunt through if focus isn't already close to the same distance you focused at last.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:26 AM   #12
Super Moderator

WARNING!!!! I started with that camera whenI first got into shooting sports, I'm now hooked and have far too much kit (all Canon now), so don't borrow it too much otherwise you could end up like me LOL.

I'm impressed that at this size at least they are very sharp sogreat for a $80 lens.

If you do want to get more into sports shooting come and visit us on the sports/action section.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote