Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jun 14, 2008, 4:35 PM   #1

Happened to be in a part of town I don't usually travel. Stopped in a Best Buy just to see. There it was in the display case...an A700 for a clearance price of $952. They had one left in a sealed box for that price plus the open box model itself, sitting in the case. They have no box, no charger, no wires, and no remote for the one in the case so the manager said he'd give me 20% off the clearance price...comes to $761 for the body and battery. One year warranty still applies. I was very tempted, but I really can't justify a second one for myself, and I don't know if it would be very re-sellable on eBay because it's missing so much. Still a great deal if someone is wanting a backup. It's at the Independence Blvd store in Charlotte, NC.

My wife thought I've been stressed over work for the past few weeks. Actually, I was missing my 5D. Suddenly, I feel a whole lot better!
DrChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2008, 5:46 PM   #2

feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2008, 8:22 AM   #3

Congrats. I think you'll really like the A700. It's a much more responsive camera compared to your 5D, and I've been impressed with the improved metering and dynamic range, too. I wouldn't trade mine for any of it's competitors.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote