Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:59 PM   #1

I've had a look around the forum and whilst there are a couple of threads that come close none specifically address my particular query.

I still have a couple of Minolta X700 film camera's with a host of lenses and I like the look of the A900 Sony however, even with the limitations of the manual lenses I would like to use them on the A900 body. Are there mount adaptors available to connect these leses or am I dreaming and should I be looking at new lenses as well as the body?

I look forward to your comments.
Steve Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:52 PM   #2

Steve, here's a link to another discussion about the subject, in case you haven't already seen it.

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2008, 6:02 AM   #3

While there are some adapters that will allow you to physically connect an MC/MD lens to an AF body, all are teleconverters of some magnitude, none support autofocus or autoexposure, and most don't support focus confirmation.

I have a Minolta 2X M/A Converter-S that I thought I'd use with my old MF lenses. Used AF Minolta lenses are inexpensive and easy to find, so the only thing I've ever used it for was my old bellows, and only once. Now that I've got extention tubes that support AF & AE, I don't use it at all.

Unless you've got some special MF lenses that are either very expensive to replace or not available in AF, I think you'll probably discover what I did: It was a nice idea, but it wasn't really worth it.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote