Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 22, 2009, 3:01 PM   #1

I just got back from my CC Liquidation sale where I got the 70-300 G lens for 30% off. It was $559.99. (regular price is $799.99). The clerks all told me it was still only 10% off still, but I asked one to take it out of the locked case and actually scan it in. When the $559.99 popped up, I pulled the trigger. I was afraid I would lose my chance to get one if I waited for yet another 10% off. My store only had two of them. So I am very happily sitting at my desk now - popping open a diet coke to celebrate. I never though I could afford this lens, so I'm really excited. I can't wait to try it out with my A350 and A700. (I don't know if the 30% pertained to the alpha flashes and grips they had... I didn't think to as I was so excited. :-)
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:56 PM   #2

I was told....30% on camera accessories. Lenses and other "stuff" count as accessories.

I too purchased the 70-300 G at $559.99..... but I got the last new in boxunit in my local CC.

Same as you, I was not willing to take the risk of waiting for the next price decrease.

StevieDgpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:40 PM   #3

Nice price.

I assume you guys were referring to SAL70300G (70-300MM F4.5-5.6 G). The RRP is $1399 (AUD) here in Australia, which is about $914 (USD) at today's exchange rate.
antony is offline   Reply With Quote