Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:34 AM   #1

I moved up from the a100 to a A700 about 3 weeks ago and i don,t seem to beable to get clear photo,s at distance. The lenses i use are the minolta beercan ( 70-210 f4
& the minolta 100-300 APO. If i shoot 10-12 feet, pictures are sound but any further
and they are soft, i am finding to get decent pictures at 10-12 feet i am having to stop down to around f8-f10. When i used these lens on the A100 i had no problems.
Hope some of you guys can help me on this one.

stanacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2009, 4:40 PM   #2

Sounds like the camera is not set up right, or at least the same way the A100 was. Do you have any sharpening dialed in? Noise reduction? If you are consistantly getting soft images at longer focal lengths, check your shutter speed and whether you have SSS turned on or off. Other than that, I don't know... Maybe someone else has had this issue and knows how to fix it..Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:39 PM   #3

make sure you have image stablizer set in the body (there should be a slide switch on the bottom right of the boidy I belive to turn this on and off), I had that propblem with my A200 till I did that.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote