Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:25 AM   #11

The assembly that they'll replace contains numberous expensive components. A used one for about the same price as your repair would be is likely to hav eth esame problem lurking just around the corner, especially if it's shipped.

I sent my camera for repair of a different issue. When I got it back, the other issue was repaired but I had this issue. I sent it back to have this issue repaired, they replaced this assembly, sent it back, and when I received it, it had again failed. That's a 100% failure rate just from the handling it received while being shipped.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.

Last edited by TCav; Apr 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:59 AM   #12
Default Try this before sending off for repair

I just fixed my a200 very simply by turning the stabiliser off and giving it a smack directly on the left side of the camera (holding it as you would taking a picture). And that fixed the alignment issue.

If this doesn't work for you then you will need to take it to get repaired (unfortunately)
TaylorJRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote