Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 23, 2009, 8:03 PM   #21

I wouldn't worry about the "SAM" part of it. That's just a fancy marketing term for a built in motor (and it's not the same type you get with SSM lenses).

Yes, try them out and see what you think. Personally, if I were looking at entry level models, I'd probably get an A200 instead, since I'd rather have the larger viewfinder versus Live View and would prefer to keep as many external controls as possible (although the lack of an AEL button really wouldn't bother me much, as I'd be more likely to go Manual Exposure if the lighting was real difficult). Then, I'd buy a different lens later if I wanted something better than the 18-70mm kit lens.

But, individual preference is going to come into the equation, and some users may want a smaller and lighter model with live view like the A330. Just like there's no one perfect vehicle for everyone, there's no one perfect camera.

IOW, there are pros and cons to any of them. ;-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 8:47 AM   #22

Great info thanks, just need to wait for the new models to be available locally so I can check them out for myself. Thanks again.
oman321 is offline   Reply With Quote