Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:33 AM   #1
Default Anyone have experience with Lensbaby?

Lensbaby: http://www.lensbaby.com/index.php

it seems like a very cool system, you buy the single base lens (composer, muse, or control freak) and you can buy multiple add-ons (which are VERY reasonably priced) like soft focus, fish eye, super wide angle, etc.

But... it almost seems too good to be true. I want to know if anyone has any experience with them or their products? also, if you look on their gallery on their page, all of the images have artistic blur or focus around the edges.... which is very cool for certain things, but i also wanted to know if they will focus and take pictures like a standard lens?

lester723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:33 AM   #2

I haven't had any experience with this system but by looking at their photo gallery, I'd not spend a penny on it. There is not a single image I liked (and I'd assume that those images are probably the best they can come up with). However, if the effects appeal to you, trying will not hurt your budget that much!

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:50 AM   #3
Super Moderator

there are instances where the classic lensbaby can make some nice effects. its not something you will use alot. but it has its place. and i would just get the cheapest 1 off ebay i could find, as for that effect, you dont need much.

i would not spend any money beyond that on their other stuff. the fisheye is a pretty poor one at that, and soft focus can be done much better in post.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote