Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 26, 2010, 2:24 PM   #1
Default Bad buy?

First off i wanna say hello to everyone. My name is Mark and new to the world of dslr. I need advice and guidance from experienced users. Just yesterday I bought a display model A330(my first slr) at sears. It came with no accessories other than the lens and battery. So i have no charger, cables, or any of the things it should have when bought brand new. The camera itself seems to be in good condition and fearing someone else might pick it up i went ahead to buy it. I paid less than $290. Any input? should i return it?

here are some pics of it and from it http://www.flickr.com/photos/47894775@N04/?saved=1

subyb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2010, 3:43 PM   #2

no, keep it and get a charger. u can get manuals, and it only uses a mini usb to usb.
davidszx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 4:47 PM   #3

The manual is available online:

Quick Setup Guide: http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DSLRA330_qs.pdf

Instruction Manual: http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DSLRA330.pdf
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 6:41 PM   #4

Charger is cheap less than $10 shipped. I bought from this outfit many times and they are very reliable:

WCKSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 3:01 PM   #5
Default thank u

Thanx for the feedback. I guess I will be keeping the camera. I've gotten mostly positive comments than anything else here and other forums. I have taken over 50 pictures this past two days with it, and i must say i've never been so enthusiastic about taking pictures. the result are just awesome when right i guess. But I do need to work on using flash, i noticed i'm terrible taking pictures in not well lit things. thanks everyone. Guess I'll be around continuing to learn. -Mark-
subyb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 5:45 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Congratulations on the new camera and welcome to Steve's.

Glad you have found a new lease of life in photography with the A330. Flash is always going to be a difficult area for any camera unless you add an external flash which really does help give a lift to the quality and creative control.

Looking forward to seeing some of your shots and don't be a stranger, this is a great place to learn with sections with different genres and the brand specific areas too.

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote