Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Sep 27, 2010, 6:43 PM   #1
Default Photokina 2010

So what are the results from photokina 2010?

The Sony a77! Apparently ' "far more powerful than the a55," and that it'll be aimed at "serious enthusiast photographers." ' Time will tell if it is a true successor to the A700, SLT and all. They also showed the a33 and a55.

A-Mount Autofocus compatibility for NEX (with adapter)! This is good news for all of us (well, not me yet, but eventually me too) who have a lot invested in that glass. Also some other good firmware updates for the NEX, and a LOT of glass planned in that area. This kinda bugs me, since I could see this cutting into entry A mount cameras, but to each his own.

I believe they have several new A mount lenses to be released over the next few years (as well as a lot of E mount) but I only can find the giant 500mm f/4 mentioned in the source article.

So anything else out there for A mount cameras this year? I was hoping for an a900 refresh, especially with all the recent FF concerns.

Source: Engadget
mrpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:11 PM   #2

The "A700 replacement" "mock-up", six new E-Mount lenses including a Zeiss Prime and a 'G' standard zoom, and the firmware updates for the NEX and the A-Mount-to-E-Mount adapter. That's all I saw that was new.

See Photokina Today Daily (German and English), days One through Four:

Photokina Daily One
Photokina Daily Two
Photokina Daily Three
Photokina Daily Four
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote