Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:47 AM   #1
Default Want to hold a500 (or one like it)

I've almost decided on buying the Sony a500 for my first dslr but I need to see how it feels in my hand. I REALLY don't like how the a230 feels, but I know the a500 has a much better grip. I don't live in or near a really large city and there is only a Ritz camera and Bestbuy (and Target, Walmart etc.) I've looked online and neither Ritz or Bestbuy show the a500 as part of their stocked models. What other Sony camera will have the same grip and feel as the a500?
kfulweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:38 AM   #2

The A450, and A-550 share the same body as the A-500. The A-230 has a very pinched feel to its grip. The A-500 is just the opposite. It is larger, beefier, and has a very comfortable grip.

I found myself in the same situation, but as the nemaining inventory was slipping away, I ordered from Amazon who has a great return policy, and was extremely pleased with the grip of the A-500 when it arrived.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 12:25 PM   #3

Well I do live in a big city and the only retailers that I found that had the a5xx series in stock was at Fry's Electronics and the Sony store. So I would go with Sarah's recommendation of using Amazon so you have their return policy to fall back on.

Good luck!

purpleehobbit is offline   Reply With Quote