Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Dec 31, 2011, 7:02 AM   #1
Default Temperatures for my a33 [no video]

Hi, had a search around and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know or is there a guide anywhere on what temperatures my a33 can survive in shooting photos only?

I never take video, and I've never experienced any overheating issues here in the uk.

I'll be taking it to hong kong in February, warmer and more humid than here in the uk so I just want to know my boundaries. Also Japan, but it'll be cold there so no issues.

Also anyone knows how Sony are handling this issue in terms of warranty etc?

Mrderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2011, 7:24 AM   #2

Later firmware updates have helped. The current version is 2.00, which was released on 6/20/2011. If you don't have that one, you should get it.

As long as you don't shoot long bursts with SSS on, and in the tropics, you probably won't have any problems. The only person with consistent complaints that I know of is in Brazil.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:34 AM   #3

Thanks cav, yeah, mines updated.

To be honest, I was only made aware of the issue after coming to these forums. Wouldn't have known otherwise as I haven't had a spot of bother... Strange things forums...
Mrderek is offline   Reply With Quote