Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:09 PM   #1
Default Technology Overload!

Well, I traded my A200 for an A580 and my head is simply spinning for all the new things I need to learn! Wish the would use larger print in the manual. My old eyes have trouble seeing such small print!
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:15 PM   #2

Well the company has gone through the motions of giving you a manual,to heck with whether you can decipher it or not.Thanking the "valued customer" for letting them pry on your $$$ and filling their coffers.Also patting their backs for using less paper and claiming to make a "big" contribution to keeping the earth green.
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:20 AM   #3

I generally use the PDF versions of manuals more than the printed manuals, anyway. You can make the print a large as you want, but there's also all the things you can do in Adobe Reader that you can't do with the paper manual, like search. And one of the nice things about Sony's PDF manuals is that everytime you see a page number, you can click on it and you go to that page. I keep a copy on my computer and one on my PDA, so it's available wherever I happen to be.

See http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DSLRA560.pdf
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:56 AM   #4

Gary Friedmans book is an excellent companion to the manual and very highly regarded. I used his book for the a100 and recently for my a580.
antonlmo is offline   Reply With Quote