Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:13 PM   #1

I am going to be jumping into digital by purchasing a KM Maxxum 7D. As a film user who's always been interested in optics (mainly using Leica orCanon L lenses), but not having seen any reviews on the new KM 28-75 F/2.8 (D) Lens I was wondering how it compares to the KM 28-70F/2.8G Lens (other than weight and price) for use with this camera. I'd be willing to go with the larger more expensive lens if it is noticeably superior optically. For a second lens, I'd be interested in similar comments regarding the KM 17-35 F/2.8 - 4(D) vs. the KM 17-35 F/3.5G. Thanks.

Chris Lause is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2005, 6:58 AM   #2

Konica Minolta's " G " glass is their top end professional grade and is superior (imo) to Canon's 'L' glass.

Splurge for the G lenses, you will not regret it.

bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 7:38 PM   #3

I have not used any of these lenses. . .but in both cases the "G" lens is about $1,000 MORE than the "D" lens. I doubt that the little extra quality you get from the "G" lens is worth $1,000 (heck, you could almost get a spare 7D body for that price:lol
Then again, if you said that price wasn't a real issue, I would do what bernabeu said and get the "G" lens-you will never regret getting better glass:G
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote