Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 26, 2005, 2:26 PM   #1

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, the 7d and SLR photography...

As well as figuring out SLR stuff, I've a couple of questions about the 7d. I've been playing about with it today, searched the web but cant figure out how the Remote-Storage works. I'm using a Mac, so maybe wont work at all, but still cant find any info on using it with windows.

I plug it into the USB, and the camera says:
"Remote storage connection initialising..." for ever (well, for the 10 minutes I left it).

I have the OSX DiMAGE Viewer 2.37... I cant find an OSX DiMAGE Transfer which is what I need I think - is this only for windows so the Remote-Storage only works with windows?

Also, would it be possible to connect up to an external hard drive for storage? I guess there's a USB host-slave issue thingy (yeah, not really sure what i'm talking about)... I suppose it would need a USB host external hard drive if these exist?

Finally, is the anti-shake on/off status stored anywhere in the image info - I've not been able to find it in the image info and would be useful to know to compare while i'm learning how it works...

andyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2005, 12:35 PM   #2

yes, remote storage works only with DiMAGE Transfer, not with Viewer, but i cant help about ur other questions

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
carlo72 is offline   Reply With Quote