Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Nov 28, 2005, 2:55 PM   #1

I just received this lens, that I purchased on ebay, and I am in disbelief at how sharp and how accurate the focus is on this lens. I have a Canon 100-400L IS that was the sharpest lens Iown, but this Minolta 75-300 is every bit as sharp as the Canon 100-400L. On top of that, I only paid $150.00 for the Minolta lens.(versus $1100 for the Canon).

I also won a 70-210 f/4 (First Version)(paid$160.00 for it, but haven't received it yet)and can't wait to see how it performs. The only negative aspect of the Minolta 75-300 is that it is as heavy and physically as long as the Canon 100-400L and it does not have a tripod collar.

I would highly recommend this lens to anyone for use on a 5D or 7D (I tested it on a 7D).

I am in the process of switching from the Canon Digital system to the KM digital system. I really love everything about the 7D except for it's inconsistant flash exposure.

jdrandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:15 AM   #2

I have the same lens and your right. Remember you have AS so a tripod collar is not all that important. Plus it doesn't weigh that much.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 4:14 PM   #3

I just bought the Maxxum 5D, and owned this same lens from when I had a 35mm Maxxum. I haven't tested it out yet with the digital, so I'm pretty excited to hear the rave reviews about it! I loved it with my 35mm, but have yet to see how it performs with my digital.
Darlene2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 5:34 PM   #4

I have the same two lenses for my 5D (70-210/F4 & all-metal 75-300) I just got the 300 yesterday and haven't had a chance to try it yet, but the 70-210/4 did a great job at the pool tournaments that I shot at. It was better than I expected for an F4, and I was surprised at how fast it focused under low light. Thanks to all those here who pointed me in the right direction on those lenses!
tjstyphon is offline   Reply With Quote