Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Dec 1, 2005, 5:59 AM   #1

Hello guys,

I just bought my 7D last week. I love this camera. I have some queries on exposure compensation:

1. Could anyone tell me how does it exactly works, even the manual doesnt cover much.

2. I mostly use manual exposure mode (M), In this mode when ever I adjust the shutter speed or Aperture the exposure compensation display on the screen adjusts automatically, Can I override, suppose assume a shutter speen of 1/60, Aperture f4, the compensation display adjusts itself to +1, I tried to increase it to +2, it doesnt work instead it automatically goes to -3 and starts blinking.

All I want to know is can I override this feature, say in dark light, the exposure compensation shows +1, I want to keep it as +3 which doesnt work. Is it always I have to go by what the camera decides.

I am sure you guys been using it for many months, please throw some light on exposure compensation.

sakthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2005, 8:14 AM   #2

in manual mode the camera will take the pic at whatever f stop and shutter YOU set

the exposure comp scale (when in manual mode) only shows the meteredover/under
YOU HAVE SET with the iris and shutter

if you set more than than 3ev + or - it will go to the 3 and blink (by design)

this is a WONDERFUL feature (suggest you read further in the manual)
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote