Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 21, 2006, 4:08 PM   #1

This page has a translated interview with KM execs and some other news:

Sony 5D prototype (maybe?) here:

B1ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:05 PM   #2

Thanks for the link, I dont think its a dim as many think. My 5D arrived the night before the big let-down, but I'm not dissapointed in my purchase at all! Its a shame that minolta will not continue because with a camera of this caliber you would think they would have a very significant market share.

Oh well, they will still be making cameras and lenses in the same factories. Sony has the opertunity (and if history is any indication, the desire) to screw the camera design into oblivion by being too trendy and relying heavily on proprietary equipment (i.e., memory stick). They also have everything they need to break that cycle and take the 20% of the market that they want. Tip to sony: DO NOT USE MEMORY STICK.

If sony ruins the 5d design, AND I wear out my 5d beyond repair, AND I cant find a used replacement, I'll switch brands. Until then, I've got the best dang camera on the market.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote