Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:57 AM   #1

Has anyone used a reversing ring on DYNAX 5D for Macro shots if so, what ratio could be expected EG 1:1, 1:2, etc, etc. Could the whole frame be filled with say, a Fly, Wasp, Ladybird? Would the Hairs on their legs be nice and detailed? what would the depth of field be like?I am not that flush with money so I thought this would be a cheaper alternative for the time being, any answers will be greatly received. My lenses are the following,

Konica Minolta18-35mm AF DT Kit lens, 1:35 (22) - 5.6 D.

Konica Minolta 75-300mm kit lens, 1:45, (32) - 5.6 D

TAMRON 19-35mm 1:3, 5-4.5

Rob Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2006, 2:58 AM   #2

this was taken [if I remember right] with an old M42 50mm Pentacon reversed on my 5d:

Cropped from full frame to square [ie about 4MP] - the original 'leaf' was about 10mm across, so hope this gives some idea of the mag achievable, and also the very limited DOF...

...I'm not certain, but I'd think the Wide-Angle zooms might be quite difficult to use reversed - I've tried an old 28mm, but although the mags high the extremely narrow DOF makes it almost impossible to use outside in any kind of wind, even on a tripod - you might do better to try and pick up a cheap, old standard lens - obviously, when reversed the mount-type's irrelevant, so should be plenty to choose from...

IanMiddy is offline   Reply With Quote