Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 8, 2006, 9:51 PM   #1

I finally got the card, a regular 1gb Sandisk CF card (only 55 +tax at B&H) and a small blue kenba case that fit it perfectly (if the pelican 1200 were to fit it better i wouldve gotten that). i love it, however since my previous slr didnt have this many features, sometimes i got weird shots, i even had one instance where it said there was WB error, i was fiddling with the WB at night, i was trying to focus on a person who had a high positioned light facing downward behind her, the only way i got the picture to be balanced lightwise (with the flash) was to focus on an object slighty in front of her (a hydrant). sounds odd, but now i have to go edit my shots. i still wonder what in the world is WB erroer (yeah white balance) but how do you do that.
DorkUnderwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:02 PM   #2

It sounds like you probably pressed the WB Button on the camera, used for setting a custom white balance. After you press it, you then press the shutter button and the camera measures the light temperature.

If it can't get a good reading, the LCD will give you a WB error letting you know you need to try it again. This feature is designed to be used with a white or gray card filling the framewhen you press the shutter button, so the camera can set WB based on a known subject (the white or gray card)in the lighting you're shooting in.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote