Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:33 AM   #1

ok, i was trying to get a shot of a flare from my lighter which wasnt producing a flame but rather instant sparks, now i try to take a shot of that but the camera takes a while to focus and a second afterwards takes the shot, which is too late, how do i make an instant shot when i click the button to take the picture, its getting rather irritating to not be able to do this!
DorkUnderwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:29 AM   #2

In menu options goto the purple menu #1*****oll down to Priority setup & change the setting to release.This will allow you take a picture without the camera locking focus first.
culprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:43 AM   #3

put the camera into manual focus mode using the switch next to the lens mount

prefocus on the subject

shutter will then fire instantly

(this is very logical - camera must be focussed to get a shot)
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:01 PM   #4

The delay is because the camera is taking the time to focus, if the light was better you probably wouldnt have (as much) delay. Get it to autofocus once, then while your still holding the shutter at half press (you are doing that, right?) switch to manual focus. It will be focused right and you can get instant shots until you move and need to change focus.

I rarely use any auto settings anymore when taking several frames of the same/similar picture. The first one is often just a test shot to check exposure, then since the scene isnt changing your manual settings make things faster and more consistent.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote